Sunday, August 26, 2007

Still working to breathe

It hit me as I was traveling home from work on Friday, how very true in so many ways this week my statements about "remembering to breathe" have been.

There has been a catch in my physical breath all week. A heavyness and pain in the center of my chest that has made it difficult to pull in a full and deep and healing breath. Plus, my allergies have ramped up all week, draining from my sinuses and making it hard to catch a breath - making me cough and choke as I try to breathe in.

I'm feeling it this morning, the need to breathe deeply both physically and emotionally. I'm feeling the pain in my chest, and the heavyness of heart.

I'm off to church this morning, and finding myself wishing that I could have the people, without all of the fixings - without the religion. I'm so tired of the religion.

Ok... well, I need to go get ready for the day. After church I'm hanging with my mom - we're going shopping for a television. I'm looking forward to spending time with her after the week we've both had.

Lisa is remembering to breathe. That's what I'm going to keep reminding myself of today.

0 comments: