Thursday, June 07, 2007

All's Quiet on the Office Front...

I am in between tasks, with a little free time while most of the staff are in meetings. I am sporadically busy these days. I’ve spent large chunks of each day over the course of the last week or so sticking return address labels on what will ultimately be 5000 envelopes. I have 1500 (3 boxes!) left to go.

I inadvertently played third wheel for most of last night, when M. invited a guy along to our girl’s night out. You really can’t take a boy to Ikea unless you’re married to him. It just doesn’t work. They mock the furniture, gasp at the prices, and just generally refuse to get into the spirit of the thing.

They talked me into accompanying them and another friend to see a late movie. “Hot Fuzz.” Very British. Quite funny. Very gory. Lots of somewhat extraneous violence. A send up of every bad cop movie ever made, done with a dry sense of humor. M. and I agreed about halfway through, while we were looking at each other, instead of a particularly gory on-screen sequence that the guys now owe us a VERY sappy chick flick out of the deal. Also, not something I’d recommend watching late at night, when you have to get up early and you suffer from nightmares. I figure I got off pretty easily by avoiding the nightmares this time, and sleeping quite restlessly.

Tonight I have plans to clean the house (we have company – my possible future roommate – arriving Sunday), maybe do an errand or two, and do a couple of hours of work for the church (they’re paying me to do some admin stuff while Dad is overseas this time – a nice way to pick up a bit of extra cash just in time for hopefully moving out…) Maybe a bit of television or a DVD thrown in for good measure.

And with that, I think I’ll go back to sticking labels… See you later!

0 comments: