Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Grief and Prayers

I received a call about a half an hour ago. My friend's mom passed away this evening, after battling cancer for much of the last few years. I feel helpless, an hour away from my friend (her mom was in a small rural hospital for these last few months.) I'm wishing I was with her so that I could wrap her in my arms and cry with her.

I would covet your prayers for her and her family in these next days. I would covet too your prayers for my own wisdom as I seek to support, love and uphold my friend through this time. The loss is huge, the timing is never right here on earth.

1 comments:

karen said...

I know about losing a mom....it's tough. I'm glad you can be a support for your friend! Prayers for your friend and her family; and for you as a minister.