Thursday, January 05, 2012

Daily 5 - Year 3, Day 138

Today's Daily 5:

  1. nursing orientation.  well, not so much the orientation itself (which was super boring) but the reality that this program is finally beginning.
  2. the moment of looking at myself in the mirror of the bookstore dressing room, with a full outfit of scrubs on, and almost wanting to giggle with glee as it hit home again that this really is happening for me!
  3. finding one textbook used, and almost all of the rest of the books and uniforms I needed to be easily available, thus avoiding mondo bookstore lines that will happen next week.
  4. having a few little conversations with fellow students, also excited to be in the program
  5. Vietnamese food from my favorite place on campus
  6. a challenging appointment
  7. being approached by my favorite two year old boy at house church, asking me to lift him up and hold him, and then touching my face and identifying my facial features with tiny, soft fingers
  8. watching God speak and a theme emerge in the bits different people heard from him as we prayed about direction for the coming year
  9. three appointments in three different corners of the city, which gave me almost 4 hours of transit/bus time today, in which to read (finished another novel)
  10. the chance to gather and pray together as friends at house church tonight

0 comments: