Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pinterest

Have you all checked out pinterest yet?

I've passed quite a number of restful and happy hours staring at beautiful images and creating my own form of digital inspiration boards since I discovered it.

A friend asked if it was just one more thing to keep up with?  For me, the answer is no.  It's a chance to spend however long I choose to allot to visual inspiration, and then set it aside.

Staring at all the visuals on Sunday led to words flowing as I wrote and journaled.

It's been soul-feeding for me, these last number of days, to digitally collect beauty and inspiration.

Below are a number of the images I've pinned for later enjoyment.

Source: tumblr.com via Lisa on Pinterest







Source: None via Lisa on Pinterest

2 comments:

christianne said...

Thanks for sharing more of your thoughts on Pinterest. It was fun to check out your page and see the different categories you've created for the boards. Helped me get a better sense for the kinds of categories I might create for myself if I decide to give it a try.

I've been learning over the last year or so just how much I enjoy visual stimulation. I have a whole category in my Google Reader now called "Design Blogs," even! Which is funny, because I never would have considered myself a visual person or artistic person before ... I'm too much of a literal word-girl! It's been fun to discover this other side of me that likes beautiful design, photographs, images, etc.

Lisa said...

I totally understand the being too much of a literal word-girl thing! Me too!

I discovered I loved taking photos while living with a good friend, and while I would never call myself a visual person, or artistic in anything beyond writing (and maybe cooking!), I have discovered the value in stimulating myself differently, visually, with beauty.

(And I totally have a bunch of design blogs in my google reader too!)