Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 8 - Beautifully Different

Today's Reverb 10 prompt:

December 8 – Beautifully Different.

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

 (Author: Karen Walrond)

This is a hard question to answer.  In fact, I was tempted to skip it all together.  I think I'm still discovering what it is that makes me beautiful.

I was reflecting just the other day that for the first time in my life I'm coming to believe that I am loved, that I am not a failure.  I'm learning it in different ways each day.  I'm learning it as I realize that some things that come naturally and easily to me are not natural and easy for a lot of people.  I'm learning it as I discover things like bus reading that are unique ways for me to feed my soul.

I feel like this is a cop out answer, but this is so much a journey of discovering for me still that it's a question I'd rather ponder within me than try to put words where none exist just yet.

2 comments:

syene said...

I don't think its a cop out at all. Just honest.

Lisa said...

Thanks :)