Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 15 - 5 Minutes

Yesterday's (December 15th) Reverb 10 prompt:

December 15 – 5 Minutes

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

(Author: Patti Digh)

Okay, I'm taking this literally, after pausing for a few minutes to reflect on what I'd want to include, and I'm setting a timer for five minutes.  These are the things I want to remember:
  • that this was the year my life changed completely
  • the year I lost my car
  • saying goodbye to L when she moved countries
  • the year I started seeing a couple different natural health practioners in an attempt to balance things out and really get physically healthy after several rough years
  • the year Tim got married, and the chance to be part of his wedding party
  • the day I lost my job.  I'd like to forget the negative emotions that are still left, but not that day.  There were some moments of grace in that, and it was a day that is ultimately a blessing in the midst of a very, very ugly disguise
  • reading Robert Benson and thinking about being duckless
  • being forced into praying, and realizing that God was calling me to enter nursing as a profession
  • the crazy summer of studying (I never want to repeat this, and if I forget it, I just might!)
  • California, palm trees, disneyland, and the friendship that took me there
  • making choices to pursue healing
  • discovering the wealth of supportive friends around me when the bottom of my world dropped out
  • the funnier aspects (and not the awful ones) of the drama of life at grandmas
  • finding reasons to laugh in the really dark moments
  • lots and lots of tears, but lots of hugs too
And that's it.  Not a bad list for five minutes.  A whole lot of things to remember.

0 comments: