Thursday, December 30, 2010

The End is Coming

I find it incredibly hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2010.

It seems like this year has held a multitude.  Like it has been the longest, and perhaps also the shortest year on record.

It's definitely been one of the crazyest.

It hit me this morning that I need to find time in the next 48 hours or so to sketch out a framework for the year to come.  I'm going to participate in the one word challenge spurred on by people like Alece and Ali Edwards.  (I'll reveal the word I've chosen in a day or two.)  But, participating in that challenge requires creating a framework for how to do that.  How to live that word for the next year.

It helps me to have a framework.

So, sometime tonight or tomorrow, I'll sit down with a pen and a journal and create that, on paper first, and then likely transfer some of it to the blog.  I've been reading (as I'm sure many of you have) article after article about living more meaningfully, about making and keeping resolutions, and about goal setting as the year draws to a close.  I have some thoughts and ways to make some commitments more tangible that I'm working on too.  Ways to chronicle the journey more intentionally than haphazardly.

In the meantime, the end is coming!

I can't believe the year is ending.

I can't believe a month of writing reverb 10 posts is also drawing to a close.  I'm going to miss having those daily prompts that forced me to stop and reflect, sometimes from angles I wouldn't have considered.

Has 2010 flown by for anyone else?  It really does seem like only yesterday that I was staring at a screen making a list of goals for the coming year.  And now I'm doing it again, only they're going to look immensely different.  Crazy.

0 comments: