Sunday, December 26, 2010

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 133

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Wearing the fun new hoodie that my brother J and his girlfriend R gave me for Christmas
  2. a few brief moments in worship at church this morning
  3. getting to take communion as Christmas draws to a close and the new year grows close
  4. I'm still doing the operation world daily prayer for a country, and loving it.
  5. trying out the new nail art kit mom and dad gave me for Christmas on my toenails.  Let me tell you, I'm going to have some fun and professional looking toes from here on in!
  6. magic bags (I'm fighting a cold, and having a hard time getting warm, and these have been fabulous)
  7. the freedom to say no to a set of plans for the evening, in favor of recognizing what my desires and needs really were
  8. a long hot bath, reading a novel
  9. writing the reverb 10 post for today, and remembering some of the great food I've eaten this year
  10. the simplicity of a chef salad for supper, after a few days of nothing but very rich foods.
  11. catching up on my email inbox (now totally caught up!)
  12. ordering a movie online that I can't wait to collect some friends to watch together
  13. time with family, but also time alone.
  14. smiling at mom's face when her family called her from their get together, just as their football team (they're from Wisconsin, guess which "cult" they're a part of?) won their game today
  15. having a spot to curl up in mom and dad's basement for the evening, free from the pressures of my living situation at grandma's, and close to family, but still alone.

0 comments: