Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 99

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Having a job to distract me from some of the challenging things in my life right now
  2. little text messages and emails through the day from a traveling friend
  3. the reminders of Sidney and Norman. "first, he loves me.  second, he loves me.  third, he loves me."
  4. unexpectedly making plans to have dinner with a very good friend
  5. laughter over dinner with a friend.  particularly enjoying the sort of sick and twisted humor over the darker moments that can't be shared with anyone.  it's good to have a friend to share that with.
  6. "F*** You isn't exactly a prayer that is sanctioned anywhere in the Bible."  You kind of had to be there to appreciate the laughter over that particular statement, but oh, I laughed as my friend shared honestly with me.
  7. Reading a blog post and smiling at this quote from Sleepless in Seattle that it contained.  It seemed appropriate today: "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out..." 
  8. choosing again and again to trust
  9. green grapes
  10. a ride home, and sleeping in my own bed

0 comments: