Sunday, March 21, 2010

You'll Need Tissues

Not so long ago I posted a link to Kelle Hampton's blog, "Enjoying the Small Things"

I'd fallen in love with the stories she was telling, and it was clear that she'd only recently and unexpectedly given birth to a baby girl with Down's Syndrome.  But I'd never had time to go back and read the back story, the story of beautiful Nella's birth. 

Until today, when Donald Miller posted Kelle's post about Nella's birth on his blog.

You will, as Donald warns, need tissues as you read this beautiful story.

I've been so challenged as I've been reading Kelle's blog, to continue to find life and joy and beauty, even in the midst of the hard stuff.

And it made me smile, somehow, to see that she too had read and been challenged by Miller's "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years."

I need to write more thoughts, sometime soon, on Miller's book.  I've been thinking about it a lot again lately, about what kind of story I'm telling with my life.  I was thinking about it again just this afternoon, as I was out walking, and how it inspired some of the things that are on my list of goals for this year.

More to come...

0 comments: