Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Dreaming

I woke this morning from a deep and moving dream.

I was with two people whom I've never met, but for whom I have a great deal of respect.  First, in their home, being absorbed into the stuff of everyday life.  A kitchen, a communal one.  Being pulled into cooking.  This odd sense of being willing to do just about anything, to be part of this place that felt so beautiful and home-like.  And then in a different context.  A large conference... standing between the couple.  They are surrounding me, leaning in, teaching as events go on, helping me to see.  Pointing out the places where the Spirit is at work, teaching me how to spot that.  And then again, in a smaller, more intimate, prayer-filled room.  Sitting on the floor with the woman, weeping together, her praying for and with me.

It was oddly healing, and moving in ways I can't explain.

Perhaps more poignant today, as tomorrow begins a series of 4 anniversaries.  Hard, beautiful, painful, full, deep, rich anniversaries.

The first marks another dream, and the way it played out one day a few years back.  A moment that I can't even begin to explain.  It's an odd thing to see something powerful that you've dreamt play out in front of you in your waking moments.  The memory is strikingly clear, and incredibly blurry all at once.

And tonight, as I look towards it, I am holding on to the sense of healing from this morning's dream, and looking backwards at the memories and reminding myself that those, too, are healing.

0 comments: