Friday, January 15, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 156

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Friday
  2. feeling pretty in some of the new clothes I bought last weekend
  3. wearing high heels - I don't wear them often these days, but I do feel so attractive when I do
  4. Jeans at work
  5. hanging out at walmart with my dad (needed to buy oil and an oil filter for George - my brother J. is changing the oil for me tomorrow)
  6. budget update, post salary change - it was fun to sort out the little bit of extra money that my recent performance review and salary change brought me.  not much, but fun to ponder how to split it up.
  7. home made chicken and dumpling soup and theological conversation over dinner with mom and dad
  8. watching a healing service from Redding, California online "with" a dear friend on the other side of Canada... (she watched at her house, and I in mine, and we chatted online while we watched) nice to "spend the evening together" in that way... to "go to church together" a little.
  9. tears flowing.  this has been an exhausting and stretching week, full of many things pulling deeply on my heart.  Tears still don't flow readily for me, so I choose to appreciate the moments, however painful, that they fall for a while and offer a release to the pent-up emotions.
  10. I'm thankful still, for the ways I saw God work and confirm things last night at the house church gathering.  It had been a very long time since I have seen that move of God to direct within a corporate body by offering pieces to various people around the room, and to be honest, I wasn't particularly expecting it in that setting, but I saw it last night, and was so grateful for that reminder of God working amidst things.

0 comments: