Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 146

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Thankful that I didn't hurt myself seriously when I fell this morning.  I've often walked down those icy steps, particularly in winter, and envisioned myself breaking a wrist or an ankle.  Some bruises and very sore muscles are much better than broken bones.
  2. Thankful for a quiet evening at home alone.  Candles, reading, just generally being still in a way I'm not always good at.
  3. Loving those Belgian chocolate seashells that you can get at Christmas.  So good.
  4. Another good day at work  - what's up with that?  and it was fairly productive too.
  5. Staring at my budget and knowing that it really is working, even when it means I can't buy plane tickets to either Ontario or California on the spur of the moment really good seat sale that showed up in my inbox today.
  6. (only one extra today): brief chat with a dear friend, and reminders of the odd ways I end up praying at times, and laughing at one particularly circumstantial phone call that came in the middle of our online conversation.  It was good to laugh with her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good ticket sale?! What? Details, details??! Email me! :-)