Monday, November 30, 2009

From Miscellaneous Emails

Because I am a collector of words and quotes and history, I'm on quite a few daily email lists. Here are a few bits and pieces from the last few days...

A quote from Mother Teresa: "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." (I think I'll try to smile a little more often...)

I liked this paragraph of thoughts that appeared in today's "Saint of the Day" email, about St. Andrew, one of the apostles. "As in the case of all the apostles except Peter and John, the Gospels give us little about the holiness of Andrew. He was an apostle. That is enough. He was called personally by Jesus to proclaim the Good News, to heal with Jesus' power and to share his life and death. Holiness today is no different. It is a gift that includes a call to be concerned about the Kingdom, an outgoing attitude that wants nothing more than to share the riches of Christ with all people." (I like this description of holiness...)

0 comments: