Sunday, November 01, 2009

Celebrating, and just a bit lonely

I'm celebrating 4 years of healing today. 4 years of being depression free. I'll write more about that later, most likely.

For the moment, though, and I'm trying (choosing) not to focus too much on it, I'm just a bit lonely.

I've lost a lot of very valued friendships over the last number of years. It's not something I've talked a lot about here, and it's not something I plan to talk a lot about.

But, on a day like today, when I'm wanting to share a really important moment with dear friends, it sticks out a little. That the people who knew just how incredibly stunning a moment it is that I'm celebrating today.

So, for those of you who've been part of my life, and even those of you who aren't really part of my life anymore, I'm grateful. I'm thankful for the role each of you have played, and the deep moments we've shared. Thank you for who you've been and who you are in my life, for the lessons I've learned because of my relationships with each of you.

0 comments: