Monday, July 06, 2009

Monday Morning

I'm pretty exhausted after the weekend.

I have a few thoughts about the wedding that I'll share later today perhaps.

I'm sitting here, thinking Monday morning thoughts.

Trying to figure out plans for the week.

Trying to discern whether or not participation in a few different events is going to be possible.

Reflecting on the fact that it's Stampede season again here in Calgary. And that I absolutely hate Stampede. And that I'm firmly convinced that the only good thing about Stampede is that I get to wear jeans to work every day for an entire week.

About how I don't mind dropping my roommate at the train in the mornings, but I find it rather nice on the occasional morning when I don't have to. I can leave the house later, and move at what is generally a more leisurely pace in the morning.

Thinking about scarves, and how certain ones are inextricably linked to moments of prayer. And how I'm wearing a particular one for that reason today.

Realizing that I'm going to have to buckle down and get to the unpacking and settling in earnest this week.

Wondering if the tensions at work have dissipated, or if they'll flair again this week.

Knowing that I'm behind on emails (if I owe you one, it's coming, I promise.)

Waiting for my heart to shift again.

Praying for rain to fall.

Longing for words to pray.

It's Monday morning again. And I'm thinking Monday morning thoughts.

0 comments: