Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ongoing thoughts...

I'm still struggling with some health problems. They're not unexpected, or even concerning - more the result of some medication changes that my body is taking a while to adapt to - but they are a bit of a nuisance. I haven't been feeling well, I've been having some problems with pain, and it's affecting my sleep (which had been finally semi-regular and semi-controlled). I'm praying that they will settle out shortly, and that tonight I will be able to rest deeply.

I had dinner and did an errand with a friend tonight. Yet another shifting relationship, and one I'm struggling with in some ways. It seems so much exists beneath the surface, left unsaid. It was a very controlled conversation, with her avoiding the unsaid things, and me steering the conversation away from those topics that cause the areas wounded by the unacknowledged things to ache.

Then home, and the first official bit of packing. I've sold my bed frame to a coworker, who wants it for her son's bedroom. She and her husband will be coming tomorrow night to take it apart and take it home with them. Which means I needed to empty it of the clothes and books and things I'd stored within it. So I packed, and I have a bit more to do before they arrive tomorrow evening.

It will, I think, be a full weekend. More full than I'd prefer, and likely not all that restful. But I'm hoping to find a few moments for rest, or a little bit of time to sneak away by myself and simply be. I rather desperately need to find time to simply breathe. I desperately need to encounter Jesus and let his peace envelope me again.

And with that, I'm off very soon to bed.

0 comments: