Friday, May 01, 2009

Newness

I am a big fan of newness these days.

Fresh starts.

New life.

I know I've mentioned it here before, but one of my favorite quotes is a classic line from Anne of Green Gables that goes something to the effect of , "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet." That is a really hopeful sentiment to me these days.

I'm waiting eagerly for spring and all of the newness it represents as well. Yesterday was the first day in a week or so where no snow fell. (I'm not counting those few little flakes that were mixed with rain as my roommate and I headed into the grocery store.)

It's a new month today. I like new months. Blank calendars and the space for fresh things.

I've been thinking a lot about the question Jesus posed to the man at pool of Bethesda, "Do you want to be well?" There's a lot having to do with newness in that question too. In fact, that question probably deserves it's own post at some future date.

But for today, I'm just going to celebrate newness.

And the fact that it's Friday.

Friday's are also good, for a number of reasons, including evenings of having the house to myself, spent in generally luxurious pasttimes such as facial masks, long baths, and episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Friday's are also good because they're "jeans day" at work. I like jeans day.

And on this Friday, I'm wearing a favorite top and earrings, purchased from the Tibetan store downtown, with my jeans. And flip-flops, even though it's theoretically too cold. Because I felt like wearing flip-flops, and because my toenails match my Tibetan top and earrings!

Celebrating newness.

Choosing life and joy today wherever I can.

0 comments: