Thursday, March 05, 2009

Heading Out....

The blog will be quiet for the next couple of days.

Right after work tomorrow I'm heading out for a fast 24 hour trip to Montana. One of my roommates needs to cross an international border to activate the extension on her work visa, and my dad and I are driving with her.

I'm both totally ecstatic that my dad decided to join us, and nervous as well. Our relationship hasn't always been the best (though I know with certainty that he loves me), and extended time together is always a bit of a challenge for my heart. On the other hand, I love that he's coming because I don't love driving, and ten hours of driving within the span of 24 hours would be a bit much. He loves to drive. And we're taking his vehicle, which is definitely more up to a long trip than George.

So, I'll be home sometime Saturday, depending on things like road conditions and length of time at the various border crossings. But I probably won't be back to blogging until Sunday or Monday. The hotel we're staying at has free wireless, but I've decided to leave my computer at home. I'll catch up with all of you on the other side!

0 comments: