Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amazingly Restorative

Yesterday ended a bit better than it seemed it would.

I got home from work and took a shower. It was one of those days where you just feel slimy from the interactions of the day. Showers are amazingly restorative.

I ate perogies for dinner. Dipped in sour cream. Perogies are also amazingly restorative.

I had a coffee date with my brother's girlfriend in a favorite neighborhood in the city. I laughed at the odd coincidences of events also occurring in the coffee shop that night. We shared hearts and laughed together, and promised to pray for each other. Coffee with her was also amazingly restorative.

I'm still waiting on getting a real night's sleep.

I set a goal this morning of getting through the (work) day at least without sobbing. I felt like it was shooting high, but I'm almost half-way through, and am starting to feel like it could be an achievable goal.

0 comments: