Sunday, December 07, 2008

Snowstorms, Work, and other mini-rants.

It's dumping snow here.

And in a couple hours I have to drive across the entire city, to get in a friend's vehicle, and drive out into the country (on absolutely terrible roads) to attend an office Christmas party that I never wanted to go to in the first place.

Office politics drive me crazy. I'm going to a party, with a bunch of people (with a couple exceptions) that I don't want to spend social time with, on a Sunday night, in a blizzard, because I felt obligated, and because the politics in my office dictate that it would look bad if my bosses' staff didn't show up.

Sigh. Such a production for an evening that will be less than enjoyable.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

And can I just say that for all of that, my boss was over an hour late?

But, we sat at a great table, and it was a far better evening than expected.

Anonymous said...

I was just about to ask how the party was.....but I see your comment. I am glad that it was better then you expected!! -Natalie

Anonymous said...

that's impressive! well done. am glad your faithfulness was rewarded by something better than you expected. I'm not going to any of my work Christmas parties. I just can't pretend anymore. But you've done very well!
Jenny