Monday, November 10, 2008

29 Years

Today is my parent's 29th wedding anniversary. 29 years ago today they got married in the midst of some nasty winter blizzarding weather in a church in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. (Did you know tha Oshkosh is a place and not just a kid's clothing brand name?)

In a world where so many of my friend's parents aren't together any more, and where, as our peers have started marrying and having children, my brothers and I have already seen the first of friends have marriages end, I'm incredibly grateful for parents who have stayed together for nearly 30 years through good and bad times. I'm grateful for what they've modeled for my brothers and I. I'm grateful for little things, like dad putting in his daytimer once a month for years now to bring mom flowers, and mom still buying his favorite little treats and leaving them on his pillow every now and then.

So, here's to my mom and dad, and many more years!

0 comments: