Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wedding Central

One of my roommates is getting married next summer.

And I suddenly find myself living in wedding central. It is driving me CRAZY!

I would swear to you that since she became engaged, every conversation we've had has revolved around dresses and cocktail receptions, and do the guys wear vests or not, and flowers and colors.

Right now in the background the conversation is how many chairs, and when will the cake be cut, and how long will people stay at the reception. We've already discussed flowers, and bridesmaid dress styles ad infinitum.

She's already bought a dress and found a venue. The most significant details are taken care of. And yet, I live in 24/7 wedding central.

And the kicker is this: The wedding is still nine months away.

I'm not sure I'm going to survive the next nine months.

Right now, the two weeks at Christmas when both of my roommates will be out of the country are looking better and better.

In the meantime, I'm trying to do laundry, and waiting for a long enough pause in the conversation to enlist one of my roommates to help me attempt a new method of unclogging our clogged bathtub drain. (If I can get the drain unclogged, at least I can retreat to the quiet of the bathroom and soak in a long, hot, bubble bath.)

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Wedding central....oh dear! I can relate!