Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tired

The dreams were thick, and disturbing again last night.

The self-conversation as I drove to work this morning, still distracted by the night of dreams went something like, "Snap out of it Lisa, and pay attention to where you're going." At one point I realized that I had absolutely no idea where I was, on a route that I travel twice a day, five days a week. I found myself frantically looking for signs, wondering if I'd actually managed to be so out of it that I'd driven past my exit. (I hadn't.)

Two days of work left for me this week.

I'm not going to think about the headache that's back for the forth day running.

Or about how badly I would rather be getting some sleep than sitting at my desk.

It's all in the doing of the thing. And right now, there's too much to do to be at home. There are deadlines coming, and I'm grateful for the little bit of time off I managed to secure to attend this next wedding.

Two days left.

0 comments: