Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday

It's been a mostly quiet day.

I actually slept a bit last night. It took a while to get there - the fears from the previous night's nightmare were strong - but I eventually got there (and thankfully didn't have any more nightmare's either).

I got the oil changed in my car this morning.

I bought a new nose ring.

I picked up Chinese take-out and ate it curled up on my bed, wrapped in a blanket.

I went out to buy a birthday gift for my dad.

We have a big extended family party tonight. Never my favorite activity. We're celebrating something like 6 birthdays that have happened in the last 6 months or so. We used to be able to get together for all of the birthdays as they happened, but these days we just have two or three big parties a year.

I love my family, but they excel at the fine art of talking about nothing for hours on end. And I find I have little patience for that. But hey, there'll be fantastic food, and probably lots of laughter, and for a few hours I can definitely pretend to be interested in the random minutiae of the life of my grandma's sister's neighbor.

And then, hopefully early to bed, because tomorrow starts another busy week.

0 comments: