Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday. 9:43 a.m.

9:43 a.m.

I’m sitting at my desk, sipping tea.
Feeling a bit muddled again today.
Discombobulated.
Tired.

I’m making lists.
Things to do during the work day.
Things to do tonight, and on into the weekend.
Planning in my head.
Seeing how my bedroom will look once I’ve assembled my bed
Hung artwork
And finished unpacking.

The skies are grey again.
Cloudy and heavy.
It’s funny how often the skies
Seem to reflect my state of mind.

Passion tea
And chocolate kisses
With almonds inside.
All little ways that I pray.
The unspoken prayers
Of my heart.

A black cross
Four inches high is
Propped on my desk
Reminding me with
Bold white script
That I must
Trust.

Quiet
Tired
Discombobulated
Unspoken prayers
Spoken into the silence

It’s morning
A new day
And I am
Listening and waiting

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Unspoken prayers spoken into silence. Stunning comment.

S