Monday, June 16, 2008

Sad News

I received links to the following two articles this morning

Christian Youth Worker Killed in Crash

Crash Kills Youth Leader

I was heavily involved with Young Life my last year or so of high school. My middle brother, J., has been staff with YL in Calgary, and continues to be a volunteer leader while he attends Bible school.

I vaguely remember meeting Julian, and his wife. I'm sure my brother knows them. YL tends to be a small, tightly knit community.

I do know this - really great YL leaders are hard to find. I had one, and she's quite possibly the reason I'm still a Christian all these years later. She's definitely one of the major reasons I didn't walk away from the church in general, and a relationship with Christ in specific during some of the years just after high school when depression was just starting to set in.

I'm praying for those who are grieving today. For Julian's wife and children. For all the kids whose lives he affected.

0 comments: