Monday, June 23, 2008

Queen of Lists

I have this inherent need to mentally organize things, and I generally do it by making lists. Lists for work. Lists for home.

Here are some of my lists for the day/week...

Work (this week)
  • water the plants
  • process the outgoing volunteer mail
  • filing
  • prepare the "week at a glance" email
  • hard drive folder reorg
  • write a "receipt summary" memo for the volunteer treasurers
  • work on arranging a corporate hotel rate
  • follow up on a few emails
  • design a layout for the four page spring/summer newletter that goes out to the policy holders
  • place an office supply order
  • circulate a card for a staff member and his wife who recently had their first child
  • update the volunteer contact information database and circulate a copy of the updates to all staff
  • create a variety of email distribution lists for the general use of all staff
  • follow up on a couple of projects with my boss
  • send an email out to the Calgary office reminding them that our recycling company pick up is this week
  • re-package returned mail

Home (today)

  • start packing for the move next weekend
  • arrange utility service for our new house
  • clean my section of the refrigerator
  • try to arrange to borrow a truck for moving
  • try to arrange some extra hands for moving
  • send an email query regarding the seminary I'm interested in attending for my master's degree
  • email a few different friends regarding various matters
  • email my baby brother in England

0 comments: