Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday

I’m so glad it’s Friday.

I’m not having a particularly good day. It’s a “Thursday in Rome” sort of day. I know that doesn’t mean anything to the broader world, but it’s the best way I can think of to describe what I’m experiencing.

So, I’m glad it’s Friday.

I like Friday’s.

In spite of the schizophrenic weather we’re having. Last night I wore flip-flops and a t-shirt and a light weight windbreaker to go out grocery shopping. This morning, to get to work I wore a hoodie, a long sleeve t-shirt, a polar fleece jacket, and my down vest, with a toque and gloves. They’re predicting 10 cm of snow by the end of the day, and snow every day for the next 4-5 days.

Here are some of the reasons that Friday is my favorite day of the week.

It’s the last work day.

It’s always more laid back in the work arena.

It’s casual day. I love wearing jeans to the office.

I have a weekly Subway lunch date with a coworker. We look forward to it all week.

I love Friday evenings. My roommate is always out. Our house is empty, quiet, peaceful. Doesn’t matter what I do – talking on the phone to a friend, reading, watching a movie, taking a long bath – I love the quiet of my house on Friday evening after a full and stressful week.

So, here’s to the fact that there’s only 7 hours left until I get to Friday evening. And that I have an hour for lunch somewhere in there, and that, in spite of the weather, I’m wearing comfy jeans.

0 comments: