Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ready for Easter

I am laying on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, and eating a muffin.

It was an odd sort of day. An in-between, waiting, Holy Saturday sort of day.

My phone rang more times this morning than it has in the last two weeks combined.

I've prayed while baking. Prayed while doing laundry, while cooking, while washing dishes, while driving and while being with people.

Tonight I'm going to lay on the couch, and read, and maybe write.

I had some interesting encounters with people.

An old friend stopped by this morning to share a muffin and a cup of tea, and to ask me to pray.

My mom called to tell me she'd been sick for two days, and, since I was coming over anyway, would I mind mixing up the "schwartzie's potatoes" she was supposed to make for easter brunch tomorrow?

My brother and I drove to the video rental place, looked around, couldn't decide what to watch, he started to feel woozy (post-surgical weakness and drugs), so we drove home and watched the movie our dad had already rented to watch with mom.

I came home made my own dinner, and have been relaxing on the couch.

I'm glad tomorrow is Easter.

Glad that Lent will draw to a close.

I'm committed to seeing a number of things through. To walking out a variety of things alone and with friends. To living out this season I find myself in as deeply and fully as possible. To pushing through.

But I'm ready for Easter.

Ready to see and celebrate resurrection, redemption. Just for a day or so. I need to see and be reminded of joy and new life.

I'm ready for Easter.

0 comments: