Friday, March 14, 2008

The Narrow Way

I love this image that David Hayward, "The Naked Pastor" drew and put on his blog. Especially today. The Narrow Way.

It reminds me of a friend, and an ongoing conversation that we've been having through the Lenten season. It speaks to me after a day of fighting, and reminds me that I knew it wouldn't be easy when I signed up.

It reminded me, too, of a Jason Upton song "The King's Way" off of his "Great River Road" album:

There is a road
That leads to peace
That leads to life
But few will follow
We're at the crossroad
Which way will we go
There is not today a more holy way
Than the steps that lead me to the cross
Where my will can't be the priority
And these crowns I've gained
I count as loss
When I hear the spirit say
That this is the true King's way

0 comments: