Sunday, January 06, 2008

Still on my radar...

I'm thinking a lot about Pakistan these days... praying for the situation there on a pretty regular basis.

Because, you see, one of my favorite people on the planet, the friend who I describe with the adjective "best", gave her heart to Pakistan back when she was sixteen and spent a summer there on a short term mission trip.

Then, last year, she went back, spent three months in a tiny rural hospital for women and children. Three months of helping bring new lives into the world. And she gave her heart away again - to this hospital that so desperately needs the skills she brings. To this hospital that keeps having to shut down for periods of time, because there is no one to cover the permanent missionary staff's home assignments.

In March, my friend is hoping to go back to Pakistan, to this tiny hospital. To give the next year and a half of her life to Jesus, and to keep helping to bring healthy new babies into the world.

So I find myself praying for this country that has stolen her heart. For peace, for stability, for light and love to overflow. For a visa to be granted, and safe travel for my friend. That it will work for me to visit her and pray with her there, sometime in the 18 months she'll be away.

This headline today caught my eye, and had me praying all over again... Pakistanis flee into Afghanistan

So I'm praying for her tonight...

0 comments: