Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Headlines to start the new year

I'll write something of my own later. I'm still mulling, waiting for the words to begin to form and spill out of my head and onto paper or a screen.

For the moment, though, I've been spending the last half-hour or so reading international news headlines from the various regions of the world that have begun to be on my radar as my heart is broadened to the world. It would seem that it hasn't been a particularly peaceful start to the new year. Here are some of the headlines that caught my eye and my heart today:

Kenyans Burned to Death in Church

US Diplomat Dies in Sudan Attack

Pakistan Early Poll 'Impossible'

Leading Sri Lanka Tamil MP Killed


Praying for the world tonight before heading out for a while with my baby brother...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Lisa, Speaking of peace.....I heard that the average peace treaty lasts 10 years. People need Jesus eh?

Lisa said...

10 years, wow! yes, people definitely need Jesus!