Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Motorcycle Diaries, Take 2

I fell in love with the beauty of South America all over again last night.

One of the kids I watched the movie with commented as it ended, "Crap, now I have to buy it, and I really want to go to Peru..."

I watched the faces of the two young artists sitting in my living room, as much as I watched the movie.

I watched and thought about the need for breath, such a strong theme in the movie. The need to overcome, the strength for change that comes in finding breath.

I watched and thought about breath, and prayed for the two sitting in my living room, that the things in their lives that stifle - the anxieties, the illnesses, the fears, the stuff of everyday boredom too - would lift, and that they would push through and find strength.

And I prayed for Peru, for this country that has a tiny portion of my heart. I prayed that Jesus will continue to speak to my heart, that he will make clear the timing of that trip, that the right companions for traveling will present themselves.

0 comments: