Sunday, December 02, 2007

Gathering my nerve

I'm speaking for a few minutes at church this morning.

Sharing a bit about my upcoming trip to Malta.

Trying to figure out how to share the things on my heart with these people, many of whom have known me since I was an infant.

Figuring out how to be the person I am, and speak from that place, instead of being the person they expect me to be, and speaking from that place.

I'm frightened, I'll admit it. But I'm going anyway.

I didn't sleep much last night, and what sleep I got was tense. I can barely move my neck from that tenseness this morning. I nearly passed out in the shower from light-headedness. But I'm going to do this. (And I think I'm going to be all right.)

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to say, just hoping it comes out of my mouth in a way that the understanding in my head is clearly communicated.

I'm gathering my nerve.

0 comments: