Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Deep End?

Kirk talks about the crazy God experiences as diving in the deep end of the pool. This has been that kind of week.

I've been reading and hearing from all kinds of sources this week:
  • a Dutch, Catholic, gay but celibate priest writing on prayer
  • an Episcopal, female priest talking about the life of faith, and her calling to ministry
  • a slightly sacchrine, but genuine Christian novelist
  • a British founder of a prayer movement
  • friends from all over the country and world
  • Music from favorite bands
  • A Canadian songwriter, poet, and novelist
All of these things circling and clinging. Floating through my brain.

Lots of imagery having to with light.

I've been praying each time I drink a cup of Starbucks - started as a bit of a joke, but has become something else. I prayed my way through a cup of tazo passion tea at work this morning, and that somehow led to a deep and intense conversation with one of my youth girls at another Starbucks this evening - pray for you if you think of it - she's facing some hard things right now.

I've discovered yet again that my story of depression and healing is perhaps one of the most powerful things God has ever used from my life or asked me to speak.

I was reading a document on the bus this afternoon and praying and three friends came to mind very strongly. I felt I needed to invite them to be part of that which the document was inviting me to be part of. I passed it along by email and left phone messages with one. I talked to the other for an hour on the phone tonight. She's putting out a Gideon fleece of sorts in response.

This has been a crazy, deep end sort of week. Beautiful, confusing, and worth every minute.

0 comments: