Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sad

I was just updating some things on my facebook page, and tried to update the emotion. I wanted it to say, "Lisa is feeling sad." Except, apparently in the world of facebook, emotions that are spelled with only 3 letters aren't emotions, so it says, "Lisa is feeling melancholy." This is an appropriate descriptor, if somewhat of an overkill from the simplicity I wanted.

I'm tired tonight, and a bit people overwhelmed. This has been a really intense week internally, and I'm feeling like I need a break. The break doesn't seem to be immediately forthcoming.

I'm feeling the wear and tear of some heavy things that came up over the weekend, that I'm not quite sure how to process and heal from.

I'm feeling the wear and tear of some decisions I quite willingly made about church, but often find myself second guessing.

I'm wondering why the friends who really challenge and inspire and encourage me in my walk with the Lord all live in other towns and cities, and how I can build more time with them into my life on a regular basis.

I'm going to bed. It's not a good idea to pontificate when I hit this level of exhaustion. Things just swirl around and around, and get grayer and more grim. Time to pull out for a while and try to sleep.

0 comments: