Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lunch with Dad

I'm having lunch with my dad in about 20 minutes. I've actually been kind of dreading it since he called me yesterday to set it up. He wants to talk about church and ministry stuff. I'm not ready to have that conversation yet.

I have a fairly good idea of what he may want to discuss. The trouble is that I have no idea where I stand on those things yet. I'm heading to the mountains this weekend to pray and talk through some of these things. I need time away from the city, and time with trusted friends to verbally process some of this stuff. I don't want to make decisions from a point of feeling like I'm choosing the least unappealing of two unappealing options.

Pray for my lunch meeting if you happen to see this before it's over. Pray for my time away this weekend as I work to make some decisions, and seek Jesus for guidance on what comes next.

0 comments: