Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Homeless

I'm feeling a little adrift lately - it hit me this morning part of the reason. I'm feeling somewhat homeless - in limbo. Mom and Dad's house is not my home anymore, but my new place does not yet feel like home either.

I'm not loving this state at the moment.

I'm searching for genuine companionship at deep levels. I took a chance and shared some of my recent feelings, struggles, and frustrations with a small group of people last night. Turns out it was the old story. I spoke, and what came from within me was not what was heard by those around me. I came away feeling a bit judged, belittled, shamed. There are moments when I wonder if the kind of people I'm searching for exist, and then I'm reminded that though they don't live in Calgary, I know many believers of this sort, and am privileged to call them friends.

But still, at this moment I feel homeless, somewhat aimless, lonely. Overly emotional and hormonal, to be sure, but wondering if life will settle out any time soon.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Lisa. I love reading you posts. In them, I hear your heart and your longing for more; for a place of rest and refuge, where you can truly be who you are. It reminded me of this scripture:

Psalm 84:2-4 (NIV) My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home,and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah

Continue to seek the Lord, make Him your home, find your contentment and fulfillment in Him..and everything you need on every level will be given to you..at the proper time.

Luke 12:30-32 (The Message)
30-32 Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.

Bless you Lisa, you're on the right path..though its narrow and sometimes very difficult, you'll find real life here and you will bear much fruit for His Glory!

Lisa said...

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for the scriptures. I love both of them.