Friday, July 06, 2007

Getting Closer

My dad came with my new roommate and I to our new house for an hour tonight.

We had a couch stuck in our stairwell since Monday, propped against a wall, because we couldn't get it down the stairs when we moved a lot of the furniture on Monday. With Dad's help, we now have a couch in our basement.

He helped Jo - my roommate - assemble her dresser, while I puttered around doing a few little organizational type things.

Our kitchen is basically set up, and on Sunday we're going to move my bed, and I'll officially be living there. Crazy!

It's getting closer. Things are coming together. We have a few more purchases to make - things like spices, a couple organizational items, that sort of thing, but then we're down to simply arranging things the way we want and setting up housekeeping. Just at this moment, the fears have mostly taken a hike and I'm feeling very excited. (Not to mention relieved that this process has a foreseeable end!)

With that done, I'm going to take a shower. Jo and I are tagging along with my brother T. and some of his friends to a comedy club tonight, and have plans to take in the Stampede tomorrow for a few hours before the rodeo.

I also need to run a couple quick errands in the morning, so I'm signing off!

0 comments: