Monday, June 25, 2007

From My Journal...

I was reading some journal entries from the last couple months as I was curled up in bed late last night. I came across a passage that struck me as continuing to express great truths about where I find myself on this journey right now. So, without further ado, here's a peek into the private pages of my "paper journal"...

I remain continually overwhelmed by the complex and beautiful simplicity of the bargain Jesus offers - my messed up life for something so much fulfilling. My brokenness for His healing. This beautiful knowingness of being loved, accepted, gathered into the arms of someone who will not let anything separate me from Him.

I never believed it was possible to actually experience the love of Christ. To move from a theoretical head knowledge to a deep heart knowledge, and yet, I meet that love on a daily basis, and it convinces me that I have value - a beauty that is my own to offer to the world, and that, in itself, is a miracle.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Spiritual courage is something completely different. It is following the deepest desires of our hearts at the risk of losing fame and popularity. It asks of us the willingness to lose our temporal lives in order to gain eternal life.

This really struck me, as I have been praying for courage, both for myself and those around me..thanks Lisa for your post..