Thursday, May 03, 2007

work, weather, and other grumpy things

I’m now on my third cup of mango rooibos tea for the day, and I’m eating the remainder of this morning’s box of smarties. Can I just say that I LOVE this tea? I love loose tea in general, and rooibos in specific, and this tin of tea, which I picked up at Oolong tea house in Kensington yesterday on my way to meet Rae for dinner is turning out to be a fantastic purchase.

The weather is truly miserable today. The skies are heavy and gray, and the rain is pouring down, broken up only by the occasional wet and heavy snowflake drifting by. Someone needs to tell mother nature that it is now May 3rd, and snow is just not acceptable any longer. We’re supposed to be basking in ever warming temperatures, not soggy grey skies with a touch of snow.

I hate days when the weather is like this, because it makes it very hard for me to pick my spirits up. Especially when it’s a day like today where I’m already battling spiritual and emotional stuff. Somehow, the sunshine makes it that much easier for me to find a reason to be happy.

I did some apartment pricing yesterday on the internet. It’ll definitely be a better deal to get a roommate, and there is a possibility on the horizon. I need to email her tonight and see if she’s interested. She arrives in Calgary next month, so if she’s interested we could possibly be in somewhere as soon as July 1.

I admit to complete boredom at my job just presently. The last project to cross my desk that was described by the person assigning it as “big” took me twenty minutes to complete. To be really honest, it only took 15, but I made it better than what he originally described to me, added some color and some features to make the table it contained more navigable, and that took an extra five minutes.

At least my direct supervisor appreciates me (though she’s only here a few days a week and I work full-time). To be honest, I’m fairly convinced that our general manager thinks I have no brain. I mentioned that to someone yesterday, and he laughed and reminded me that the general manager treats us all as if only he and two other people on staff have brains. This was only marginally encouraging.

I think, come September, unless my pay is dramatically increased, I’ll be looking for a similar sort of employment with a different company. I love my direct supervisor – our human resources manager, but I’m a bit fed up with all of the inter-office politics, and the people who have no inter-personal skills. I also know that there are lots of very similar jobs available in this field, that pay significantly better.

So, if anyone hears of anything fantastic in the human resources, reception, or administrative assistant fields, let me know!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your tea :) I am also having a friend move to Calgary and the whole living situation is bleak at best.