Saturday, March 10, 2007

Reevaluating

I'm going to spend some time this week praying and re-evaluating the whole girl's Bible study thing. I talked with the pastor I work with this morning, since he was at my house for a meeting with the church board anyway. We're going to meet sometime this week and do some re-evaluating. I think I may do girl's hang out nights or something for a while, something to build some relationships and create some community among the girls, hopefully bust through some of the pre-existing cliques and create a larger sense of belonging.

I had one girl show up this morning. We skipped the study in favor of breakfast at Denny's. Pancakes, hashbrowns, sausages, and good conversation. A good chance to connect and talk to her about the things that have been going on in her life the last while.

I'm not sure where this will go next... have to spend some time figuring that out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're on the right track. Sometimes Bible studies are much more effective when they're done in the context of relationships that have been solidly built beforehand.