Saturday, October 14, 2006

Potato

Right at this moment, I'm flipping through a cookbook devoted entirely to potatoes. Seems we have an excess from our garden this summer, and my mom wants a potato dish to go with the pork we're grilling for dinner. I happen to love potatoes (I'll eat them over rice or pasta at almost any opportunity), but at the moment, it's more of a love/hate kind of thing.

I've learned never to agree to anything right after I get up in the morning. That's today's life lesson. Because now, I'm flipping through a cookbook about potatoes in all their forms, trying desperately to find a potato dish I'm interested in making, that I can have ready by somewhere between 5:30 and 6:00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first i thought you meant you'd eat potatoes over top of rice and pasta, and thought, "wow Lisa, that's a lotta starch for one sittting, gross." then i realized you meant like, if given the choice. ahem, anyways....

so what did ya make? hmm


dana

Lisa said...

I made comfort food. I fried/steamed the potatoes with some peas in Italian salad dressing. mmm... so good. I had the leftovers tonight.

And can I just say that I definitely prefer store bought potatoes? Because the ones from our garden were all scabby and required peeling and cosmetic work before they could be safely cooked. And I hate peeling potatoes.

So, did you find a job yet?

Lisa