Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quiet

These last days have been somewhat blissfully quiet. I've continued to recover. There have been very few crises of noteworthy scale. I've gone to work, come home, and slept. I've developed a need to eat peanut butter on a daily basis.

Today, the pattern will be similar. In an hour or so I'm off to work. After work, there are plans for a movie night at the home of some friends. Than home, bed, and work again tomorrow before church.

I've needed the quiet days. They've been necessary this week to allow me to heal physically and rest emotionally. I almost feel ready to begin facing the world again. But I have to admit, I'm glad our plans for tonight are of the movie variety - I don't think I'd be up to going out. I'm thankful for friends willing to cater to my low-key preferences once in a while!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Lisa - I just had some time this morning to catch up on your blog... and it was good to read this post and see that you're getting some much needed rest and restoration for your soul.

I'll be praying for you as you wade through.

Loved your post about God speaking through single lines from songs. I find that happening to me also sometimes and it's always a pleasant surprise.

Hope you have a peaceful weekend full of God's quiet heart of love.

Cathy said...

Oh and hey - I say, the more peanut butter, the better!

Lisa said...

Cathy, thanks for the note.
I'm off to find my peanut butter fix for the day, and then head out to watch movies with my friends.
Lisa