Monday, November 28, 2005

When did I become that person...

...who you call when you need a definition for a word? Because my nerdy book person status wasn't cemented enough!

Seriously, I got a phone call tonight, looked at the caller ID, expected another crisis, but she was calling to find out the definition of a word. She spelled it for me, I told her how to say it, and defined it for her.

The sad thing is, my nerd status is probably deserved. When she read me the sentence that the word occurred in (I needed context to give a good definition), I guessed what book she was reading (The Bible). How pathetic is that - she gave me a three word sentence, and I knew what she was reading! Like I said, I think I deserve nerd status - but with that said, if a bunch of you start using my cell phone and me like your own personal dictionary, I WILL hang up on you!

Oh, and the word? Statutes. (she'd also read it in John Grisham novels.)

0 comments: