Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tony Campolo quotes Bono

I recently read bits and pieces of a book by Tony Campolo titled Speaking My Mind. In his preface, there was a paragraph that particularly caught my eye. He writes:

I once had a conversation with Bono, the lead singer for the rock band U2. I wanted to know how he could put together a song entitled, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," since I knew he was a firm believer in Christ. Bono answered, "Being a Christian hasn't given me all the answers; instead it's given me a whole new set of questions." The more I think about his answer, the more I think it applies to me too.

I don't think it applies to me. I know it applies to me. The last couple years have underscored the fact that faith has provided me not with answers, but with even bigger questions.

0 comments: